Nothing's too hard for God: Wk. 1: Day 4 The Way to God's Forgiveness


The Way to God's Forgiveness
Isaiah 43:25; Hebrews 8:12; 1 John 1:9

A self-imposed principle I’ve tried to abide by over the years is, “If you mess up, ‘fess up.” It applies to my relationships with other people and with God. When I know I have wronged or offended another person, it’s hard for me to go on with life as usual until I try to make it right. The same is true when I
sin against God; I make every effort to be sure things are right with Him.

Receiving God’s forgiveness isn’t a complicated process; it’s probably less complicated, in fact, than making things right with people. First John 1:9 describes in clear and simple terms what must be done.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Admitting we have sinned opens the way to God’s forgiveness. Not only are we forgiven, but we are made righteous and pure before Him. He no longer sees the stain of sin. This act of grace is done by our God, who declares in Isaiah 43:25, “I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.”

So, if you’ve messed up, take a moment to honestly and sincerely confess your sin, and open the way to God’s great forgiveness.

In what area of life do you feel you’ve “messed up” recently? How do you feel about confessing that to God and others?

What do you think you should do to make things right? How will your decision to turn from that sin affect the way you live from this day forward?

Comments